Saturday, April 11, 2009

Our trip to Mt. Aurora

Relaxing on the weekend!


I've found that the best way to relax on the weekend is to get out and do something fun and physical. Skiing seems to fit the bill for me and although I try to use the time to mellow out, I've found that the adrenaline rush for faster runs, steeping hills, deeper powder and bigger jumps are the best part of the experience. 


The following is a reason to go "relax" and the fun the guys and I have trying to do our best to relax.

Thursday was my last day as a Platoon Leader with Bravo Company, something I'm not entirely happy about but I'm looking forward to my new job as the Battalion S4 which I start on Monday. Needles to say getting ready for the transition has been a little stressful, so this weekend was a great chance to get in one more day of skiing with the guys.

Ted, Jerry, Ben and I set off for SkiLand at Mt. Aurora this afternoon and the pictures are all from that interesting experience.

We decided this would be a day to work on some jumps. On the left is me and my "Star Man", on the right is Ted hitting the same jump.

The one on top is Ben, I'm taking the picture from underneath the rock he is jumping. The other one is of me on the first jump of the day. I've never done this one before and it was awesome!

All and all it was a great day with relatively few injuries (aside from Ben's possible concussion and the scratches on my face from a run through the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment