Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'm engaged!

So I've pretty much told most everyone that would read this that I'm engaged already, but I thought I'd update the blog and let you all in on the big news as well. Friday February 13th, yes Friday the 13th, I took Jeni to Chena Hot Springs, north of Fairbanks. After dinner I asked her to marry me and she said yes.


I know it's still pretty early but the plan for now is to get married in July of 2010. I should be leaving Alaska then so I would get to go back to Ohio with no real problems. It will be a good trip seeing as I'll be going there to pick up my new bride! After that I'm not really sure where we'll be going, most likely Ft. Rucker though for the Captain's Career Course. Oh yeah, I found out last week that I'm officially being promoted to Captain sometime in the next few months. I won't know the official date until a month or so out. Anyway after the Career Course we'll see where the Army takes us.


Thats it for now. I hope everything is going well and hope to see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How exciting for you both! The ring is BEAUTIFUL! And Alaska, what a great place to propose! Also, congrats on being promoted to Captain! Love to all, Mike, Jacque, and JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Fur. We are so happy for you both and I'm excited to have a new sister in the family. Mike and I send our love and best wishes to both of you. Love, Julie and Mike

    ReplyDelete